[VAC] Re: Air conditioner removal

Robert, I have a '66 24ft. Tradewind, purchased in '99 without an a/c unit. I have 3 roof vents; 2 being forward of the sleeping area (and without fans) and 1 just forward of the bathroom door (with a fan). Upon a request from my wife to install  an a/c unit, I did some research so to correctly install one.. I found starting in 1964, the company installed a 120 volt wire to a location in the roof for future a/c add-on. The Tradewind 24ft. Twin and Double should have the wire located 121" back from the #1 "rib" of the trailer. This puts it just aft of the partition between the sleeping compartment and the galley. Sure enough, when the opening was cut (between supports) the wire was there waiting to be wired to the unit. The the other end was at the panel but not connected. The drain line was not found although I was told it should be there. I trust this may be of help to you or others. P.S. different length models' location of wire will vary. Where in Michigan?
Lew Sprague
1966 Tradewind (1st trlr and lovin' it)