[VAC] Orbital sanders & the Holographic effect

Don't let the sandpaper touch the skin.  When someone used sandpaper or
course scotch brite pads to remove the clearcoat on our trailer, it left
fine little scratches in the Alclad layer that polishing & polishing
couldn't totally remove.  That is what I'm sure created the "holographic
effect" when I mirror-polished the Caravel using the Rolite & the Cyclo.
 The tiny scratches weren't  on the top, where the clearcoat would have
been missing when they stripped it.

If I had to remove heavy oxidization again (I'm sure I will - I'm
looking for the next project now), I'd use my PorterCable variable speed
orbital and the course buffing pad from Lake Country Mfg.
(800-648-2833).  For polish, NuVite makes a new course (G-61) compound I
want to try, with the Pre-Polish from Rolite being the fall back in case
it doesn't work any better.  Then I'd convert back to the Cyclo & Rolite
Pre-Polish & Polish.

See http://www.vintageairstream.com/rr_polish1.html for more details on
the above.

RJ