[VAC] Re: trailers for sale

Keep looking, Andrea. Sounds like that one's a junker, and if everything's
delaminated, there's probably lots wrong that you can't see. One in good
shape, even for considerably more money, will be far less expensive than
trying to bring that one around in the long run. I'd say it is best to  buy
your first trailer in as good a condition as you can find. THen, after you
get into it and learn more, you'll be in a better position to asses a
fixer-upper. I was in your spot a year ago, and was gently but persuasively
talked out of one in just about the condition you refer to by some kind
folks on this list, and am SO glad I was. Kee[ looking (take a look at the
VAC classifieds, and search for trailers in your area on web classifieds
that allow you to search by brand and geographic area), keep asking
questions here, and you'll save a lot of tears later. I ended up getting an
excellent condition unit for well-below-market price from motivated sellers
that I've been very happy with. And don't worry--if you like to tinker and
fix, there's more than enough to do do maintain and improve even those in
the best of conditions. If you find one advertised that looks good but is a
ways from your location, don't hesitate to ask if there's a listee near the
seller who wouldn't mind going over to take a look, perhaps even mail you a
videotape tour. Most of us would consider this recreation.

Dan Weeks
75 Argosy 26
Des Moines