[VAC] Re: trailers for sale

Hi,
I'm new, and looking for an old airstream..2 actually,
but want to start with 50's to 70' safari or tradewind.
Then an ambassador or sovereign.

I went to see one today, it's a tradewind..but
the step looked like it had been removed with a can opener,
the floor was cut and rotted a bit,
the shell looked ok, small indent on the front,
jalousie glass missing next to the door,
no air cond. unit,
everything inside worthless and delaminated.
the trailer had med rust
no tires...

Is the shell worth anything?
what is involved with a floor replacement?
can a step up be reattached?
has anyone experience with such a poor speciman.
They want $700. for it
andrea