[VAC] Re: air lift compressor

I tow my 61 Tradewind with a Ford Crown Vic that has air suspension for the
rear end. There are no springs in the back. just air bags, much like the big
semi's use. The system has worked very well. I have accumulated some of the
pieces with the idea of replacing the leaf springs on my A/S (single axle
24ft) with air suspension. It would give a smoother ride, It could be raised
for clearance, such as steep driveways,ect. Also it would make it easier to
level up, by putting more pressure in one side. The biggest problem would be
keeping the axle positioned. The new F2-350 with the rear air suspension
option appears to have just the leaf spring that connects between the
shackles. The rest of the load is carried by the air bags. Any ideas on
converting an A/S would be appreciated.  Phil