[VAC] Re: Caravanner

Hi RJ,
Yes, as near as I know mine is a 1976 Caravanner. There is a metal plate riveted on just to the right of the entrance door that says "Caravanner".  It's raining hard right now so I don't want to go out and double check the serial # but from my notes when I bought it the serial number is I25D6S0557 and the Date of Mfg is 1/76.

When I took it to Rod Beltran at C&G Trailer in Bellflower Calif he said it was a Caravanner and that he had only seen 2 of them during all his years repairing Airstreams.  Mine has a free-standing captains chair that has upholstery matching both couches.  He said that the free-standing chairs were lost a lot of times when an owner took the chair out for extra room and then never put it back inside when the unit was sold.  My 1970's gold upholstery is still in good shape but I think we will change it to Route 66 tapestry soon. I was lucky to find a unit in this good shape. Being a WBCCI member  helped out because I saw the ad in the Region 12 - Long Beach Newsletter.  I also got to keep the original WBCCI #7676.

Please let me know if you find out anything on my newly Vintage Airstream.

Bruce DeMille