[VAC] Re: Batteries under side couch

Joy, IMHO, using a small Honda generator, with a weight of 29 lbs, an
output of 1000 watts,  and a noise level of 57 db, would be PERFECT for
most boondocking situations.  This generator would just keep your
batteries charged.  It is lighter and cheaper than solar, and it can run
, in any weather, day or nite.   Since  60 db is the sound level of
normal speech,   57db is the sound level of a bedroom, at night.
That's quiet!   As a matter of fact, you could probably buy two of those
generators, for the price of all those batteries, solar panels,
regulators, and hooking up.   A small quiet generator, is the best
alternative idea for our lack of power.  If you need more "Juice",
Honda also makes a 3000 watt generator, that is only 58 db in noise
level ( close to a soft whisper) which will run an Air Conditioner, and
a micro wave oven, and charge your batteries.   Alas, it is quite
expensive, about, $1800.   I truely admire solar panels, and all that
they do, but they are limited, and a "Quiet", lightweight generator,
that puts out clean inverter technology, computer quality power is a
real alternative for us boondockers.

Bill Scott
Charter Member and Membership Chairman
Washington DC Unit,  WBCCI   #3221