[VAC] Re: Tekonsha Brake Controllers

You might try an Jordan Research Ultima 2020 controller. Though
electrically modulated, it works via a special cable (i.e., a mechanical
linkage) from the brake pedal to the modulator. This produces a
proportional brake force similar to the old hydraulic models and quite
different from the pendulum electrics now in common use. My experience
with towing is so far very limited but have had no difficulty whatsoever
with the Jordan arrangement. I know others on the list, with more
experience, have also been pleased with the unit.

Usual "no connection with manufacturer" disclaimer.