[VAC] Propane Regulator

Hi Gang,

We are about to take off for a few weeks over the Christmas holiday to
christen our little 'tin can'. Being from the frozen north (Tallahassee
Florida that is) and seeing that very spooky 42 degree mark outside right
now  - it's brought an issue to the front:

All things gas.

I have noticed a small 'hiss' [definitely an external leak] when flipping
the little switch on the gas regulator from tank to tank [L to R and vise -
versa]. Now, even I am smart enough to know that before we head into the
_serious_ frozen north (South Georgia) we need to get *all* the gas stuff
checked out by a real live 'gas stuff' mechanic [try finding that in the
yellow pages!].

My questions are in regard to these regulators.

This regulator is a:     RegO  #7519D

In the event this *is* a problem, what replacement brands are recommended?
As a general rule are these types of regulators rebuildable? Is it even
safe to think about rebuilding a gas regulator?

I realize this is a lot of question for so little information, but before
some salesman tells me  we need a new $100,000.00 gizmo I would like to
have a little info in the ol "filing cabinet".

TIA,
Mike