Re: [VAC] No more Lurking- New Owner

Don,

I'll give you my 2 cents worth.

We all know tires have a load rating and with a single axle trailer, you
want a good tire.  I chose the Goodyear Marathan ST225/75R15 that are load
rated at 2540#.

Now, the wheel also has a load rating as well and you don't want a wheel
rated at less than the load capability of the tire.  I went to a trailer
repair shop and got 15x6 trailer wheels rated at 2600#.  Automobile wheels
and trailer wheels are load rated differently.  These tire and wheels are
on my trailer but I have few miles on them as I am in the process of
restoration.  Others on this discussion group have these radial tires and
do not seem to have a problem.  These tires will fit on the trailer; it is
a close fit but go on without a problem.

Enjoy the challenge of restoring your A/S.

Garnett
'60 Caravanner
WDCU
Garnett