[VAC] No more Lurking- New Owner

Hello-
Well, our lurking days are over!  We made the plunge! We are the new owners
of a 59 Safari.  Typical story- bought from an 80 year old man in Nevada who
bought it from his cousin, the original owner, been in his backyard since
1976!  Original appliances with documentation, original upholstery, tin foil
in the windows to keep sun out, newer(pre 70's) Thetford toilet (my nephew
works for Thetford and may be some help).  Shell is straight and undented.
Floor is solid throughout.  All latches and locks actually work.  That's the
good news.  Now for the challenges (in order of importance)  Tires (and
tubes) are at least 20 years old.  My understanding is that modern tires
will require new rims.  (does this mean I lose the cute little baby moons?)
What are the pitfalls?  Next issue is brakes (electric). Any possibility
that they work?  Planning to have bearings repaacked or replaced.  Again,
any issues?   These are the things which must be resolved before I can bring
her home to Iowa (inside storage) Any help that this list, in it's infinite
knowledge, could contribute would be deeply appreciated. We are looking for
original decorating info in terms of curtains and stuff.  Want to make it as
close to original is practical. Hope to have it operable for Bismarck.  VAC
and WBCCI memberships mailed today.

Don and Nancy Hole
59 Safari