[VAC] Restoration Update

Quick update on the restoration of our '65 Caravel.

Over the holidays we rebuilt the Badger toilet seat (priorities, man!)
No new cheapo plastic seat for us - no way!  Can't beat the feel of the
original enameled wood.  It's just the plastic parts had started to
crumble away.  The hardware store had all the hinge, mounting, and
bumper parts needed.  A little adapting to the new parts and it looks
like it was when new.

Also replaced all the steel screws and hardware on the exterior with
stainless hardware - no more little "points of rust" color here and
there.  Surprised Airstream doesn't do this from the beginning.

While replacing the the screws on the front potable water filler neck,
noticed that there is a hole in the cap with a a wad of sealant in it.
Anyone know what the hole is for, and what was in it originally?

Thanks,
RJ & Krista

JPEG image