[VAC] 50's "Smokestacks" (was: Vent Replacement)

Speaking of Orchard Supply Hardware, I was in one a few months ago in
California (Gilroy, actually), and they had a fairly large selection of
sheet metal vents, presumably for farm outbuildings.  Most were galvanized
steel, but some were aluminum, as I recall.  Several looked like they might
be reasonable replacements for the stacks on those mid-fifties 'streams, as
well as some of the older Avions.  Worth checking out.

If I had had my wits about me, I'd have gone out for the digital camera and
taken a few pics.

Don