Re: [VAC] A new trailer

Dave, I just got back from Delaware towing our new 89' Excella 34' and I requested and received copies of the Bulletin #29 and Bulletin # 1.       Bulletin #1 deals with the rear frame separation for 1968 and prior models and 1969-1970-1971-and 1972 models. From what the mechanic told me Airstream had a kit to do this rear separation problem. It had the bolts and "Elephant Ear" Patches to cover the holes knibbled in the back by the trunk to do the fix.                    Bulletin #29 covers a main frame reinforcing plate that Terry and Sandy alerted us to. After looking at this bulletin it doesn't look all that impossible to order a pair of these plates and install them. You do have to jack up the trailer and support it with jack stands from both ends and remove the axles and belly pan in the area of the wheels to drill and attach these beef up plates with grade 5 or better hardware.  These plates have been used since 1982 on Airstream trailers. If you want photo copies of this or these pages let me know and I can scan them and send them via e-mail or copy them and send them snail mail, need your snail mail address!    Dave @ Pepperell