Re: [VAC] Crimped Edge

Hi Jay,

The crimped edge is typcally on 30's 40's and 50's models on the front
and rear exterior endcaps. The segments are slightly "shingled" and the
lower edge of each segment is bent at about 130 degrees. I assume, to
act as a water barrier.  In the mid- to late fifties, when airstream
transitioned from 13 to 7 segments, that crimped edge vanished.  The
beauty of the edge, was dependent upon who the sheetmetal man was at
that moment.  They were all hand made, some a little rougher than
others.  I think some coaches as early as 1956 out of Jax cntr OH,
started coming out with 7 segments.

Bill Scott
61 Bambi