RE: [A/S] Re: Pumping Fuel In Oregon - Was: West Bound I-84 to Salem

> I would NEVER get a full tank of fuel if I let them pump my
> diesel.  My
> truck (and others like it, I would presume) has the slowest
> filling tank in
> the entire world.  I can pump in all but about four and a
> half gallons at a
> super fast rate, but then have to trickle the next twenty
> liters or it foams
> me to death.  It takes five or six minutes to pump in that
> last twenty
> liters, and a gas station attendant would never stand there that long.

Hi Tom,
I purchased a 45 Gal replacement tank for my 2004 GMC 2500HD truck from
Transfer Flow, when the truck was new. The guy ask me if I wanted the
"Antifoam" filler pipe insert when I was ordering the tank over the phone. I
had no idea what he was talking about. I had never owned a diesel vehicle in
my life. He described the need when filling the tank at high-speed truck
stops, and said it was $80. I was getting ready to spend about $1200, so
figured $80 more would not break the bank. I never put any fuel in the truck
without the new tank and "Antifoam" device installed, but I have never had a
problem with foam while filling the tank to the top. When the pump shuts
off, I might get another gallon in the tank at most. I have never had a
problem with foam coming out of the tank.
It sounds like the gadget from Transfer Flow might not have been a bad
investment from what you seem to put up with.

Joe Scudder
WBCCI 8624