Re: [A/S] Re: Towing w/LP Gas Fridge Running ?

> I've found that my '79 vintage Dometic will stay cold for at leat one
> hour when shut off.  If the intended destination is only about an
> hour away we won't bother with the LP.

Wow, my 96 vintage Dometic will stay cold for 5-6 hours, maybe more.... I've
never tested it longer.

BTW, to the OP, when I answered I should have said I just recently started
driving with the LP on because I was using it when parked. Normally I don't turn
it on very often. I've been on the same tank for two years.

My electric hot water heater had a prong break and while I was waiting for a
new one I was forced to use LP for hot water.

Most of my driving experience has been with the LP turned off... no problems
ever with food in the fridge.

Hunter