Re: [A/S] Re: 12 Volt Amp Limit?

> Are you saying that the 12 Volt TV socket itself could fail to handle
> a 15 amp load?
>
> Is it something about the way those cigarette style plugs and sockets
> connect?

Yes- they really are not very reliable for long term high amerage use, they
work fine for short term heavy loads, but if you were going to hook up, say
an inverter, I would go with the Power Pole connector.

I disagree with the wire size/ amperage figures, though- I would go the same
as 120 volt power- #10- 30 amps, #12,- 10 amps, #14- 15 amps, etc..
--
Chris Bryant