Re: [A/S] 12 Volt Amp Limit?

> Can I safely load those 12V TV plugs with additional 15 amps? Does
> everything else on the circuit need to be turned off or are the TV
> plugs on their own circuit?

Bob,

Did a little further reading of the 12VDC schematic and it does state
that it covers ALL Airstreams.

My statement about loading was not very specific and was more in
reference to the 19A load on the circuit #2 in my trailer that has the
two large lights with plastic(birdbath)covers and the front fan. The
light switch by my door turns on both lights (8.6A ea - total 17.2A)
hence the comment about 80%.

With no reference to the TV dc plugs...short of taking the wall plate
off and doing a visual...don't know what to say. If it turhs out that it
is 12 gauge wire, then your comment about not turning on additional
loads should allow running a 15A load. It would normally be easy to plug
in a 12V item and turn off breakers until you identify the circuit you
are dealing with...however, in the case of the dc breakers they are
thermal. Meaning they open when overloaded, usually on a time vs
temperature curve and then automatically reclose when they have cooled.

You could go ahead and try your load just to see if the breaker
trips...just would not recommend doing this more than once or twice if
it trips. Replacement breakers are a bit pricey and a royal pain in the
kester to replace...been there-done that. PO had one that failed and a
repair shop had piggy-backed an automotive plug-in type over the bad
thermal one.

CraigC