RE: [A/S] Re: Replacement of Antenna

> Hi all, I just bought a 1999 Bambi, my tv pic is aweful.I
> tryied to fix it by tightning the coxial to tv antenna and
> wall,still bad.Then I disconectted the atnenna at top and ran
> a extrenal coxial line to my tv still bad. TV switch on on
> wallwas on .now I am stumped.Should I buy a new atenna for
> top on A/S. any solutions? thanks John.

Hi John,
Your electronics board in your "Batwing" may be bad, but when you
disconnected it and ran the external coax you disconnected the power from
the amplifier inside the batwing. It gets it's power through the coax from
the wall box where the switch is located. This does not solve your problem,
but says you need to make sure you keep the wall box connected to the
batwing on the roof as you go about troubleshooting your problem. My guess
is the electronics board inside the batwing has gone bad. I had this happen
on an SOB I had some years ago. I had access to a large electronics shop,
and had them repair the board. It worked fine after that.

Joe Scudder
WBCCI 8624