Re: [A/S] hensley arrow ?

> Didn't Patti Raimondo have a Hensley that broke? The last time I saw her
> she
> had gone back to the Reese set-up & was very happy with it. Any ideas what
> happened to hers?

Glad you asked. I have heard about the occasional Hensley that has ripped out
a GM receiver.

It seems to only happen with GM receivers, I've never heard of it happening
to a Ford or a Dodge.

That said, I have a theory.... and I can't prove it, but I made the same
mistake once and wonder if it happened to Patti also.

When hooking up the Hensley the trailer chains should go down under the
hitch, between the bars.

For some dumb reason, after years of towing with the hitch I hooked it up
with the chains on the outside.

As soon as I turned a corner I heard a horrific noise, thought I had ripped
out everything. I jumped out and my things I hooked the chains to.... one had
ripped open.

I attach the chains to carabiner hooks ...... cheap ones.

I have no doubt if I had attached the chain to the receiver either the hitch
or the receiver would have been damaged.

That's when I had the epiphany about what happened to Patti.

She had made a very sharp turn out of her driveway when it happened, maybe
the chains caused it.

Other than that I don't know.

I do know thousands of people use Reese WD hitches and never have wrecks.  I
also know people who swear by the Equil-I-Zer, and say it's better than even
the Hensley.  There's also the Pullrite which I wouldn't want because it lives
on the truck, not the trailer.

The thing is, until you pull with the Hensley you aren't going to believe how
amazing it is. I *know* it has saved my rig more than once when I am sure I
would have been upside down.

Like when the cow stepped in front of the truck in Texas.

Hunter