[A/S] Re: Dish vs. DirectTV

> I assume Direct uses only one satellite.

***********************

While (like Dish Network), the bulk of DirecTV's programming is on just one
satellite, if you want to watch EVERYTHING DirecTV has to offer in the way
of programming, you need to be able to *see* more than one satellite.

> I do have to call to order PPV since we don't have a land line, and have
> had prompt service.

************************

We don't have a land line, either.  Dish Network allows you to order PPV
online at their website.  I would think that DirecTV would have a similar
service...?

There is a roof-mounted automatic "crank-up" (as opposed to a dome) dish
made by Motosat which is has 2 LNBs, and is *skewable* so that you can see 2
satellites at the same time.  Currently, they make one only for Dish
Network; however, they are planning one for DirecTV that will allow DirecTV
HDTV compatibility.  This would certainly solve the problem of latency that
Verna mentioned as a drawback to the domed satellite dishes.

Do a Google search for "Motosat MD500" and you'll come across the Motosat
website that talks about this dish.

Linda Hylton