[A/S] towing with a half ton

>I have a Chevy 1500 with the 5.3 L V8, 3.73 axle.  Is this enough
>for a 25' Airstream?
>
>Anybody pulling one with this type of truck who can say yea or nay?

I tow a 27 foot Silver Streak with a year 2000 Dodge Dakota with the 4.7 v8.
It does fine on relatively flat ground. Climbing is a struggle. I was unable to make it up to the campgrounds at 9000 ft in eastern Nevada. Forget the name of the town; where the headquarters of the 'Great Basin' park is.
I've gone up to Bizbee arizona without problems. You just go slower. Like the old days.
Sedans used to pull trailers bigger than this. WHen I was in the circus Cadillacs were used to pull big Holiday Ramblers. This little modern v8 truck engine makes as much power as 500 inch cadillacs used to. Your 350 is stronger. Posi-traction is helpful, 4 wheel  drive not necessary 98% of the time.

I get 12 to 13 mpg towing with it, and it is like driving a mustang when empty.