[A/S] Duramax/Allison Driveshaft

Amen!

I tow my 25'Airstream Tradewind with a 2002 3/4 ton Chevy Silverado pickup
with a 6 liter (or thereabouts) gasoline engine.  It is the modern gasoline
engine with the computer controlled port fuel injection system.  Far
superior to a previous 3/4 ton pickup with a throttle body fuel injection
system.

I would have bought the Duramax/Allison but the timing was bad and I
couldn't justify the additional cost.

My current 3/4 ton pickup has a large diameter Aluminum drive shaft, serious
stuff.  My neighbor recently got a 3/4 ton HD crew cab, full size bed with
the Duramax.  The drive shaft is an even larger diameter aluminum tube -
really serious stuff!

Actually, I was very impressed with the engineering value judgments Chevy
made on these trucks. For example, the tow/haul mode for the Hydramatic
transmission - which will automatically change its shift points if the
transmission starts to overheat, a transmission temperature gauge, and an
engine which will get you home even without coolant in it. I think is shows
a sincere effort to do a good job, and make a good product.

Oliver Filippi