[A/S] Re: Winterizing

> OK - how about a topic less depressing than leaky windows??
>
> The Airstream manual suggests that you should bypass the fresh tank
> when winterizing;

I just did mine, after a very depressing week or so of replacing a
burst pipe in the rear bay. It depends upon which AS you have. Mine is
a '69 Sovereign and I went to the rv dealer and got a generic kit, it
had the 3 way valve, connections(that actually fit) and the piece of
hose that goes into the anti-freeze jug. I can get the kit number if
you want it.
The kit sorta matches the way you described in your e-mail, except
with the 3 way valve and parts it only takes a minimum of parts.
Basically you disconnect the pump hook in the 3-way valve(which
replaces the "t".) All for about $14. The kit has a cap that you,
supposidly, replace the jug hose with each time, but I just chucked it
and put a plug into the hose that goes into the jug. That way I don't
have to connect and disconnect each time, and there is no pressure on
the hose when the valve is in any position. Just keeps the bugs out.

BTW, did you know that the Walmart brand of RV antifreeze will grow
black mold in the lid if you put it back on to save that last cup of
fluid?

I didn't, do now.

cheers, bill b.
In Texas where it was 20 degrees last week and 85 degrees today. Sheesh!!