Re: [A/S] help from Suburban owners

On the positive post of the side terminal batteries, they are sometimes
overtightened and the post area cracks at the battery.  This allows the
battery acid to drip down the red cover over the connection and causes
corrosion.  I had this happen on my '01 2500 hd.  It caused the transmission
not to go into reverse sometimes and intermittent starting.  As soon as I
disconnected the positive cable off the battery and saw all the corrosion I
cleaned it up.  It did the same thing 2 weeks later and that it when I
pulled the battery.  After an hour I looked at the side of the battery and
saw the acid leaking down the side.  This may be another situation other
than the fuel pump relay/connection I spoke of earlier.