[A/S] Basic Information Needed Please

Hi.  Please be patient with my questions.  First a little background.
 My wife and I are interested in purchasing a late model small 16 or
19 foot Airstream.  We would tow it with a newer model Toyata PU, 4wd,
v-8, that supposedly can tow around 6500 pounds.   I have owned
several boats in the 28-42 range so know alot about being self
contained, etc.  We want to do weekend and regional road trips.  We
would occasionally get off the beaten track into backcountry areas.
We are thinking Pre-Owned to start.  I am having a little difficulty
finding concise information on the difference between "Classic,"
"Safari," and "CCD."  Can someone answer or provide a good link.  Any
reasonable input would be appreciated.  Is my "length thinking" OK?
Where is the biggest difference in length breaks.  For example, in
boats going from a 12 foot bean to a 14 foot beam makes an enormous
difference in interior size.  Is there a similar comparison in trailer
lengths from say 16 to 19 or 19 to 22?  I would appreciate anyone
taking the time to give me some information on these and other similar
topics.  Thank you.  Bill