Re: [A/S] entry door suicided need new old door!

> > If you are replacing your door because it has been bent out toward
> > straight,
> > you can get it back to the correct curve to make a good seal very easily by
> > putting a piece of 2X4 wood in the door and pushing it closed by pushing on
> > the top and bottom of the door at the same time. Just keep pushing closed
> > then take the wood out and check for fit, repeat until curve matches
> > opening.

>Be VERY careful with this process!  We had that problem with our 34' and our
>dealer performed the above to correct it.  What happened was
>this:  because of
>the pressure, it weakened the bolts in the upper hinge causing them to
>eventually break.  While traveling, we stopped at a roadside park
>for lunch, opened
>the door and it fell off.

Your failure might have not been related to the repair you performed.
I have re-fitted the door a couple times using the above procedure. I
am sure the small force required to refit my door could not have
damaged sound bolts.

BTW, it takes two people to do it.

Jerry 4404