Re: [A/S] Microwave on an inverter?

In my opinion the true sine wave inverter is the way
to go.  I have been using a 2,000 watt sine wave
inverter in my 28' trailer for 2 1/2 years and it works
great without damaging the equipment it powers.
The 1,000 watt microwave pulls about 141 amps
from my battery bank when running.   The 4
batteries give a total capacity of 420 A/H.  It would
be very rare that I'd need to run the microwave for
more then 5 minutes or about 12 A/H or about 3%
of my stored charge.   And the 3 solar panels
start to replace that charge (if it's sunny)
immediately.  I had a modified sine inverter in my
previous trailer and it seemed to be hard on the
equipment that it powered.  Motors sounded
strange and did not develop full power.  Yes a
true sine inverter costs all most twice as much
but if saved the replacement of a microwave,
vacuum cleaner or blender every year or two
it would be money well spent... IMHO.
 From New Braunfels, TX
Tony  KC9BTA