[A/S] Locking/securing a classic trailer

Am considering towing the lady over to Northside, LakePonch to help out my son
with his work.  obviously, that is still a pretty lawless area much like certain
areas of Houston are trying to become.

Is there a better way to lock up the trailer without mounting a hasp thru the
skin to the frame for a padlock?  or should I just do a detailed/photographed
inventory of teh PCs and HAM gear (needed for the work I am being asked to do),
etc and insure the heck out of the contents???   just go with the premise that
the easier it is for them to get in, the less damage they will do to the
trailer???

after all, they could certainly break out windows, etc.

Another thought, are there any secure trailer sites in the Hammond area?
(Assuming you could trust the guard <G>)  Ideally, a secure compound would be
the best choice.

thanks
chas (old, retired MP type)