RE: [A/S] Re: Power Jack as a ditchwitch

<<Tom the Canadian Viking said "I did this. It bent the down tube and cost
me a power jack." Then Hunter rubbed it in with
"Yabut,it's cheaper than renting a Ditchwitch" and Mike said "Maybe, but my
jack is a little ragged on the bottom now!"

Mike - You must have been on pavement. I was driving over gravel & thus
really trashed that jack!! It's nice to know I'm not the only one to do
something so easy to avoid & thus silly. Shame on me! Did I mention that I
had taken the necessary pre-departure walk about - checking everything -
like the TV antenna, stabilizers, hoses / power cable, hatch doors, the
hitch & chains? I'd actually stood there looking at the hitch/jack/power
hookup AND STILL pulled out with the jack stand down. The only comfort? I
learn best when it costs me "face" and/or money.

Jim
Wimberley, TX