Re: [A/S] Winterizing, blowing out the lines

> I  purchased a 12 volt campbell/hauslsfield (or whatever) compressor
> from wal  mart to take along on the trip for emergency winterizing and
> tire stuff. I  guess I will find out if it produces enough volume of
> air to do the  job.

If you decide to purchase an air compressor, make sure it is an "oil free"
compressor.  I wouldn't want oil from a "wetted" compressor cylinder in my
water lines.  I bought a 120 V Campbell/Hausfield oil free compressor  from
Wal*Mart (approx $100),  I carry it with me while towing the  trailer.  It is a
little slow, but is OK for airing the truck (70 PSIG) and  trailer (60 PSIG)
tires.  I also use it to blow out the trailer water  lines.  A compressor with
more CFM would make the job easier, but this  compressor does the job.  If I am
leaving the trailer where I expect near  zero temperatures, I also add
antifreeze after blowing out the lines.  I  like to blow out the lines first, then I
pump an excess amount of  antifreeze through the lines, catch what comes out of
the faucets and add it  back to the pump supply without being concerned about
too much dilution of the  antifreeze.  I think everyone is aware that you
should only use camper  antifreeze (it is food grade propylene glycol) instead of
automotive antifreeze  (it is poisonous ethylene glycol).

Sam
WBCCI 12557