[A/S] DraMax Parts and Warranty issues..

The issues mentioned by my "gear head" buddy were a dealer that he
worked with commenting that getting the simplest part from GM/Isuzu
had become a nightmare... Warranties were no longer "flexible" per the
GM dealer and were administered strictly to the contract... When the
DuraMax first appeared, if you were having the engine serviced by a
Isuzu shop, you could have a 200,000 mile warranty, like the Cummins
deal... (or so I am told)..

My last visit to the dealer resulted in a 15 minute discussion of keep
your gas unit and/or be
 prepareed to pay another 10k for the diesel package...even at $2.50
per gal, I can buy a lot of gas for $10K..If GM went to 10% ownership,
apparently Isuzu is no longer impressed with the arrangement...

I currently have the 6 liter with the startup noises and have always
been concerned as to what happens if the racket gets worse?  So far
the dealer has not mentioned anything about a 100K mile warranty..I
would also like an 8 liter gas unit with an Allison, except for the
gas mileage... I hear about 8 to 9 per gallon...

My friendly advisor basically says that GM is in the dumper and would
not get out of it any time soon... Per the dealer, not a good time to
be a GM dealer... especially the ones that were Olds / Chevvy
combinations...

My last trade offer was $14.5 for my 02 2500 against a $45K 2500
Silverado with Duramax and everything else I have ever seen....I hit a
wrong button on the steering wheel while looking at the truck and
found myself talking to the OnStar lady...Needless to say they were
not very desperate to sell the unit I was looking at.. Time will tell
if the problems are real or imagined...

Thanks for your comments..

Jim Clark