Re: [A/S] RE:Diesel parts and Warranty problems??

Hello Tracey,

It is stories like you have experienced with your GMC that make the diesel
buying consumer wary of GMC diesel products. I have owned Ford and Dodge Diesel
pick ups since 1984 and for 20 years GMC has never gotten this right. GMC
started with the 5.7, then the 6.2, and then 6.5. The bad decisions and stories
never stopped. Now, supposedly, the Duramax is great. Way to much bad history
with GMC for me to even listen to that talk. It will take 7 years of rave
stories from brave buyers for me to even look at them. I will admit that the
owners I talk to when I'm pump'n diesel have been saying good things. We'll
see.

What I don't understand is why none of the pick up manufacturers have not
worked out a deal with Caterpillar.

As to Texas trucks, you didn't really state if your talking new, or used. It
seems like all the used ones I looked at had a goose-neck hitch installed.
Those boys work their trucks pretty hard and a trailer full of hay aint light.
They also are dragging those trailers across fields. I wouldn't buy a used
diesel truck with any evidence of a goose-neck hitch having been installed.

Hope I don't sound too cranky this AM. ...dave