Re: [A/S] RE:Diesel parts and Warranty problems??

People tend to forget that when the Ford 7.3 Powerstroke came out there were
all kinds of engine problems.  Ford stepped to the front, acknowledged the
problems and fixed them.  I am not a Ford person but the company did fix the
problems.  I have not run into a dissatisfied Duramax owner yet!  A couple
had some Allison auto trans problems but they were related to a software
programming issue and GM took care of it.  I've heard stories that the head
would not stand the pressure the Duramax was putting out but that was just a
story.  The 6 litre gas engine is another story, one which GM will never
live down.  Somehow a 100,000 mile warranty on a cold start knock engine
does not satisfy the owner that all is well when they start up and hear the
racket.  My 8.1 with Allison has been a jem and nothing Ford has right now
could be given me to replace it.