RE: [A/S] Keeping batteries charged

Judy,
I use either a 1 amp BatteryMinder for my 2 Delco Voyager sealed batteries
or a PulseTech Solargizer 5 watt solar panel.  I have done this for over 4
years and always had batteries fully charged during even the coldest of
times.  I am a firm believer in either of these products.  I agree with
those who commented you should turn off the main disconnect so that any
appliance using energy does not cause a draw.  I don't have a single item in
my '77 that causes this problem.  My '86 is continuously plugged in with the
Intellipower/Charge Wizzard and I have not had a problem since I purchased
it in April.