Re: [A/S] Mat's new Airstream

I've owned two new Airstreams, first an '01 Safari and
then an '04 Classic.  Both had problems with leakage
from the bottom of the shower door tray.  It wasn't a
matter of seeing any light...it just plain leaked
either from the screws that held that bottom plate in
or from the seams where the verticle frame of the door
joins the bottom.  Another potential leak point is the
door frame itself which fits into the shower
enclosure.  The dealer showed my how the door frame at
the bottom actually projects slightly into the shower
enclosure.  Water splashing on the shower floor gets
under the door frame bottom where it projects inwards.

Bottom line they never got my Safari to stop leaking
(not a lot, just a few drips per shower), and it took
2 trips to finally get the Classic to stop dripping.
Interestinly enough both trailers dripped at the left
bottom seam of the door frame, where the left verticle
frame met the bottom plate.

My dealer says its a common problem that he sees on
new trailers.

Jack Canavera
STL. Mo.
'04 Classic S.O. 30'