[A/S] Re: Mat's new Airstream

> I bought a 25' 2005 Safari SS and a friend also bought one. Here is a
> problem I noticed on mine...check on yours before it leaves the
> factory. The lip on the bottom of the shower door was not caulked
> properly...letting water drip down and causing the vinyl(sp) floor to
> lift in that area.
> Get in the shower and close the door. if you can see out on the
> bottom....like we can...have them recaulk it!
> She had a few other problems with a leaking bathroom vent and the AC
> hose kinked and water was dripping on to the dinette.

Thanks.  Good tip.  We are always looking to limit water  leaks.  Our current camper has a
lot of particle board.  It loves to absorb water.

> Other than a latch on the pantry door coming off during a trip and me
> opening the Safari to find all my stuff all over the floor....my new
> baby has been good to me.

Good to hear.  We are both engineers and we do sweat the details.

> I do tow with a 2500 Chevy Silverado...and yes a Hensley....because I
> feel comfortable with the "no-sway" thing...but I also don't expect the
> hitch to take responsibility for my driving.

Dodge Ram 2500 diesel with a Hensley.  It has been very good to us over the last 20,000
miles.  Unfortunately it needs painting.  All of the weld areas lost paint and are rusting.
I'm thinking about Silver intead of Orange.

Matt