[A/S] Re: honda grounding

<snip>>
> Matt, are you saying that my Honda 2000 has a way to be grounded to
> earth ?  Not that I can see, nor is there anything that I saw in the
> instructions about it.

There should be a binding post of some sort on the outside of the
unit.  I don't have my Honda (EU1000) here so I'm not sure where to
look for it.

> And I deleted the post about who it was that opened up someone's
> generator and made a jump wire, which seemed like a bad idea at the
> time, Honda might know what they are doing ?

Should do, shouldn't they.

> who was the
> person who came up with the jumper wire in the first place and what are
> his creds ?

I don't know, but absolutely fearless as I am, that scared even me.

> In the interest of lessesning the panic level,  I have never heard of
> anyone having a problem with these generators that would require doing
> this.

I've never checked the output plug on my gensets with a receptacle
tester either.  I would ground the trailer to the genset at least,
and to a ground stake if I were going to be in one place for a
while.  The main thing is not to bond if you aren't going to do it
properly.  Probably the best option is an in line GFCI.  They work
on 2 or 3 wire circuits.  I really should write something of a
tutorial up and post it...

> Has anyone asked Honda about this ?

I can tell you the answer without asking the question.  "You mess
with the machine, you on your own baby.  We don't wanna hear about
your fried eyeballs."