Re: [A/S] Underbelly patch - cha cha cha !!!

Lee,
When I did this job, I had the local sheet metal shop roll the radius on
a piece of metal then I made the under belly aluminum fit.
You might have them get the metal for you.  They will be able to get the
right thickness.   Before you put the first pop rivet in place, build
the whole assembly with cleco's

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/topages/sheetholder.php

You might as well buy 50 of them, the do not go bad.  I used about 50 to
do the last 2 panels where I had a tire blowout.  They also take a
special tool to set them.  It looks like pliers.  You will want the 1/8
inch size. When you have everything in place, the underbelly will look
like a porcupine.  Remove one cleco and put a pop rivet in where the
cleco was.  Then another and another until the job is done.  Cleco's
keep everything in the right spot until the job is done.  If you want to
put sealant on the aluminum, build the whole assembly with cleco's then
take it apart and apply sealant and rebuild with cleco's then remove one
cleco and place the rivet.  This way, you will be able to adjust
(Possible with a hammer) the fit of the aluminum.

I used the aircraft spruce web site to show the cleco.  I bought mine
there, you might find them somewhere else on the web.

Cleco may be a trademark for a fastener.  I am not sure.

If you need anymore, write me off list.
bill
25 ft Trade Wind in WV.