[A/S] Re: mattress suggestions

Greetings Rick and Marsha!

I faced a similar dilemma with my '64 Overlander.  A trip to my local
custom mattress shop solved the problem beautifully.  Most larger
metropolitan areas have custom mattress builders who will build one of
their "standard" mattresses to fit within your dimensions.  In my
case, Lebeda Mattress < http://www.lebeda.com/ >, provided me the
opportunity to select from a wide variety of firmness as well as
pillow or smooth top mattresses -- there was a modest charge of $75
per mattress for custom sizing/production.  I was so happy with the
mattresses that I purchased for my Overlander that I later ordered a
new King bed for home from the same series of bedding.  Try looking in
the Yellow Pages for your nearest metropolitan area for Mattress
Manufacturers -- there will likely be several that you can visit to
try the product before making your decision.

Good luck with your search!

Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI (Lifetime)/VAC/Free Wheelers/Computer Club #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400
VORTEC/4.10 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (8.2
Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)