Re: [A/S] Opinion wanted on best truck to use

Guy,
I agree with you that a V-10 is a fine engine and will provide you
with all the torque an Airstream will ever need.  It's also quiet and
responsive.

I've looked into taking my truck to a driveline shop.  The down side
of that is that if they make noticeable changes in what is factory
parts, I will void the warranty on the driveshaft.  If whatever they
did causes a failure in something else, likes the transmission, it
voids the warranty on that too.  It's a quandary to be in and I don't
know what I'm going to do yet.  I'm most frustrated with Dodge's
position on this issue.

The Owner's Manual said not to drive the truck over 65 mph for the
first 500 miles.  I followed that rule and therefore didn't know
about the drone/vibration until later.  Now that I own it, they
ignore me and others with the same complaint.  I may very well take
it to a driveline shop for an evaluation to see if they could do
something that wouldn't affect the warranty.  Thanks for your
advice.  Having the right tow vehicle is such an important part of
pulling an Airstream trailer.