[A/S] Opinion wanted on best truck to use

Hello,

I am new to the list and am pretty well overwhelmed by the numbers and
stats and ways of calculating the correct tow vehicle for an Airstream.

I am considering a 32 foot 1969 Airstream Sovereign Land Yacht. The
seller said that the dry weight is 4500 lbs and the Airstream site
says 4900 lbs. Not much difference. Tongue weight is listed as 520 lbs.

I have a 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4.2 ltr V6 which I know is way
too small.(unless of course I drop a big honkin V8 into it)

I found a 96 Dodge Laramie SLT RAM(Dually) 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel
with 164,000 miles. Looks clean.

Also been looking at Ford, Chev, Dodge big Gasoline V8 3/4 tone pickups.

Anyone willing to express an opinion on gas versus diesel, etc.

Thanks in advance,
Bill Burrell