[A/S] Re: Traditional Airstream Motorhome (Silver) ???

Will,

The only questions I can answer are 3 and 4.

If you wanted to buy one I'd check around on this and any other A/S
message board, traderonline.com or your local RV trader paper/magazine.

We went on the factory tour several years ago.  The guide mentioned
that the cost of building the silver bodied motorhomes became so high
that they became too expensive for people to buy.  He mentioned that to
build one now would cost around $500,000.

Also mentioned was that Airstream is always consdering building them
again.  It's probably a matter of getting their cost down and having a
good economic environment at the time they are ready to ship to dealers.

It's always a rare treat to see one of those old silver motorhomes on
the road.

Christopher