[A/S] Re: Led's

Daisy

<snip>> So what I want to know is how to tell what I have going into
> them.

Your basic on the road tool kit should include a digital VOM.  There
are numerous reasonably priced ones out there, probably your easiest
to find vendor is Radio Shack (fairly cheap, fairly accurate)or an
electrical/electronic supply house where you can find all levels of
accuracy, at appropriate levels of price.  Given a choice,I'd opt for
a Fluke 87V at about $600 or so, but I have always relied on these to
make my living, so could justify the cost.  My current (no pun
intended)VOM is a Fluke 867 which priced out at about $1700 when new.

It is a leftover, as I am now retired.

> I have the Intellipower Converter and the Charge Wizard. It
> says on the paperwork that it outputs 13.6 V DC when on
> 120VAC . This must mean I am slowly cooking them.
>
> What say y'all ?

I'd suspect that you do have them in a long term slow cooker.
Unfortunately LEDs operate in the 1.5-3 volt range, and the only way
to make them operate at higher voltages is to string them in series
or
add resistance (heat makers) to the circuit.  I suspect that
the "bulbs" you are using are putting several LEDs in series and
balancing current with built in resistors.  A surefire recipe for
long
term failure.  Too bad you can't re-wire the lighting circuits with a
3 volt power supply.  ;^)>

> Daisy
>
> Is this my problem ?

Start with a decent meter so you know what you have to work with.

If I ever get back to NM, you can stop in for an analysis.

Matt (still in North Jersey, dying from the heat)