Re: [A/S] Interior Fabric

One of the reasons why the Safari line of the
> current trailers is cheaper is because of the less expensive & in my
> opinion, marginal windows.

I've got to agree on that assessment.

The Safari windows seem to be held to the body by a rubber gasket not
unlike a car windshield, and don't seem to be as solidly mounted as the
International windows, which are riveted to the frame. Not to mention
the window opening issue mentioned earlier. I did see somewhere (I
think) where there is a window upgrade available to get the
International windows on a Safari.

The non fabric covered International walls seem to be a better idea to
me, though I hate the aluminum color and would have preferred something
like the old Zolatone coating. A white wall which is washable seemed to
make my older coach more pleasant.

The big issue I have with the Dream designed Internationals is the
attention to style and the inattention to use of space and function. A
typical example would be the wasted space under the formed plywood
dinette seats on some models wasting precious storage space with open
and unused air. If you look closely there are a lot of such omissions
and in my opinion design deficiencies in the various Dream designs.
There isn't a single smaller International layout that I can say I am
actually happy with. Things like bathrooms in the rear corner with doors
that only partially open, small refrigerators, single sinks in the
kitchen rather than the usual double, uncomfortable "L" type so called
sofas (I am a sucker for wanting somewhere comfortable to sit), the list
can go on.

I'd love to see a new design that is functional as well as pleasant to
look at.

Shoot... Dickey, if you're listening, I'll design it for you free. I
want one that badly.

(Hunter, what happened to the HLH design?)

Rick Kunath
WBCCI #3060