[A/S] Re: What to look for when buying a used Airstream?

This has been discussed before and I think the best advice
I have heard is to make sure and have the current owner
show you that everything works (or what doesn't work).

This means hooking it up to water and looking for leaks.
 Put some water in all the tanks and look for leaks.  Try
out the air conditioner and the furnace and all other
appliances.  This is easier to do in the warm weather
since it is difficult to try AC when it is cold out.  Make
sure that the refrigerator and freezer gets cold with
electric AND with propane.

I did NOT follow this advice for the trailer we bought a
couple years ago.  The sellers seemed very trustworthy and
I took their word that there were no leaks.  Unfortunately
we had to repair a couple leaks the first time we used it
(one in the plumbing and one in the fresh water tank).
 These two leaks cost several hundred dollars to fix.

Good luck with your search.

Dave R.