Re: [A/S] Fresh Water tank

My 1979 31' International has a drain plug.  In order to access it,
you have to crawl under the trailer and remove a small panel on the
bottom of the water tank enclosure.

The plug is about 2" in diameter with a recessed hex in the center
that looks like it requires about a 1/2" allen wrench to open.

After going thru the trouble to find this sucker and not having such
a massive allen wrench, I decided to just pump the tank out as others
have described.

I also installed a 3-way valve in the suction line to the pump so I
could pull antifreeze directly from the jug when winterizing, instead
of dumping it in the tank.

I would like to install a drain valve of some kind on the tank, but
in my opinion it would have to be inside the enclosure to prevent
freezing and possibly breaking if the trailer is used at all in the
winter.  Not much space in the water tank enclosure for such a thing,
but if it were possible you could operate the valve with a long T-
handle that you'd insert thru a hole in the floor, similar to how the
water department shuts off valves under streets.

Christopher