RE: [A/S] Fresh Water tank Drain Valve

Some fresh water tanks DO NOT have drain valves.  It depends on the model
and the year.

For example my 1976, 25' Tradewind does not have a drain valve, so when I
sanitize the tank, I have to pump the water out. Yes it is very slow.  And I
get a little nervous running the pump that long, so I run the water pump in
stages, for say ten minutes and then give it 15 minutes rest before running
it for another ten minutes until the tank is empty (or as empty as I can get
it).

Perhaps someone who knows better can tell me how long I can run the pump
without damaging it (assuming there is water in it). I always have an
electrical hookup when I run the pump for a long period of time to not only
reduce the load on my battery, but also to keep the voltage up.  A "brown
out" would likely cause the motor to overheat (or at least run hotter than
normal).

Oliver Filippi