Re: [A/S] Suburban

         I have a '99 Suburban 2500, with a factory hitch platform.  I keep
an eye on it, but haven't had any sign of any kind of weakness ((I have a
28' Excella with a Hensley Hitch).  Just keep an eye out for any signs of
weakness, cracks, etc, and keep the bolts torqued up.  If you find a
weakness developing, replace the hitch, of course, but no need to rush into it.
         Some people, when they do decide to replace  the hitch, go for a
Class V like the Reese Titan (I think that's what it's called).  It has a
2-1/2" receiver tube, but they provide a sleve to take the 2" stingers.

- Dick
(5368)